The Little Village Preschool
Through conscious intent, the experience at the Little Village is one where living simply allows for children to learn to care for their surroundings, for one another and for themselves. Within this core tenant, childhood is preserved through slowing down and allowing children to be children.
At the Little Village, children play, grow food, prepare their meals, make the table beautiful, share a meal, tend to a garden, tend to their home away from home, sing, move, paint, draw, play, rest, and play some more!
The Little Village School creates daily and weekly form that allows for calm and ease. Within this form there is room for flexibility, spontaneity and creativity. When there is a natural rhythm to the day, children feel more at ease, which in turn creates smoother transitions and overall less of a need for loving discipline.
Children enrolled in the Little Village are taught to see goodness in the world, in themselves and in others. The children are met with respect, kindness and warmth. They are seen and given genuine presence. Each day, life is celebrated in simple and joyful ways.
The Little Village School protects, respects, and values childhood. We honor slowing down, allowing children to play, teaching children to be mindful of caring for their space, teaching children to be respectful of all humans, creatures and our Earth. We strongly encourage screen free childhood. We strive for as close to zero-waste living as possible.
We care deeply for our parents/guardians and support them as they set boundaries, slow down, tell stories and create more joy. The Little Village thanks you for the opportunity for us to be a part of your child's precious early years.
- The entry age range is 2 years, 9 months to 4 years, 8 months.
- Preschool Hours 8:30am-3pm, 5 days a week.
- The current annual tuition is $17,500. Payments are made annually, quarterly, or monthly. We offer Tuition Adjustment to qualified applicants.
Preschool Admissions Process:
- Use this Admission Inquiry Form to begin the admissions process and tour the Little Village Preschool.
- Attend an Open House. We have hosted a series of three Open Houses this academic year, and we are hosting one more on Saturday, March 18, from 10am-12pm. To sign up, please use our March 18 Open House Registration Form. If you haven't been able to attend an Open House, we highly recommend joining no matter where you are in the admissions process.
- Submit a Preschool Application once you have a good sense of our school.
- Schedule a meeting between your family (including your child) and our early education teachers. We prefer to host these after school at 3:45pm.